Win a trip to Glasgow for Piping Live! and the World Pipe Band Championships
12:55 22 June 2012
London24 is delighted to offer readers the chance to win a wonderful weekend break for two in Glasgow, from 10-12 August.
When the city will be alive with the sound of world class piping as Piping Live! Glasgow International Piping Festival and The World Pipe Band Championships take place.
Piping Live! (6-12th August) and The Worlds (11th August) are the most prestigious piping events in the world, attracting over 50,000 traditional music fans and almost 8,000 pipers from around the globe.
The winner will receive two return flights with easyJet, Scotlands largest airline, and a two-night stay at the Malmaison Glasgow. A former 19th century church, the striking hotel is located in the heart of the city. The heart of the beautiful Malmaison is entered from a Rapunzel-like metal staircase leading to a moody bar perfect for intimate meetings, a brasserie in the original crypt of the church and the popular Veuve Clicquot champagne bar which serves delicious signature cocktails.
The prize includes a pair of tickets to New Folk Friday at The Arches on Friday 10th August which will feature a fantastic mix of traditional tunes and house beats from bands RURA and, Niteworks, The World Pipe Band Championships at Glasgow Green AND The After Worlds Shindig at The Old Fruitmarket which will be a good old fashioned Ceilidh with The Lorne MacDougall Band and The Vatersay Boys so dig out your dancing shoes!
Glasgow has all the vibrancy you would expect from a thriving style capital and international city of culture and you will have the opportunity to experience the citys distinctive atmosphere, its many museums and galleries and its fantastic shopping.
For those not lucky enough to win, tickets for both events are available by calling 0141 353 8000 or logging onto www.seeglasgow.com/piping. For more information and book your stay at the Malmaison Glasgow click HERE.
To travel with easyJet, Scotlands largest airline, carrying over 4.8 million passengers in the past 12 months click here: www.easyjet.com. Committed to making air travel easy and affordable for its growing customer base in the business and leisure travel markets, easyJet now operates 15 routes out of Glasgow. In the past 12 months easyJet has introduced new routes to Amsterdam and Jersey from Glasgow Airport. This, along with the introduction of an additional Airbus 320 aircraft, has increased easyJets capacity out of Glasgow airport by around 180,000 passengers each year, re-affirming easyJets commitment to the city of Glasgow.
1.8 million passengers have flown with easyJet in and out of Glasgow in the past 12 months.
To win this fantastic trip, just answer the following question:
What is Glasgow also known as?
a) Dear Red Place
b) Dear Green Place
c) Dear Blue Place
Enter online at the link below, quoting PIPE
- The winner must be free to travel on 10th August & return on 12th August. These dates are non transferable
- Tickets are for the above shows only and cannot be transferred
- All partners reserve the right to revoke this offer
- Prize is only valid on the dates outlined above
- Entrants must be at least 18 years of age
- Competition closes midday on Sunday 29th July and winner notified the following week
easyJet Terms & Conditions
- This prize includes an outbound flight for two people on August 10th, 2012 from London Gatwick, Stansted or Luton Airport to Glasgow International Airport, and a return flight for two people on August 12th, 2012.
- Please allow at least three weeks between emailing your booking form and your outbound travel date.
- All taxes and charges are included.
- The costs of transfers (other than those specified), travel insurance, accommodations, parking, meals, spending money and all and any other incidental travel expenses are not included in the prize.
- Booking forms are to be e-mailed to email@example.com
- All flights are subject to availability.
- There is no cash alternative to the prize. The prize is not transferable
- Winner must be over 18 years old and agree to be included in easyJet publicity.
- The prize is not open to employees (or members of their families) of easyJet Airline Company Limited or anyone connected with the promotion.
- One piece of hold baggage is included in this prize, per sector up to a max weight of 20kg per bag. Additional baggage will be charged for at the then prevailing rates.
- The promoter is easyJet Airline Company Limited, Hangar 89, London Luton Airport, LU2 9PF