June 18 2013 Latest news:
Sunday, May 13, 2012
Pop opera duo Jonathon and Charlotte suffered BGT devastation last night after being pipped to victory by Pudsey the trick dog – but Simon Cowell reportedly has plans for the east London pair.
The pop mogul is said to have booked studio time for them in the belief they could become the new Susan Boyle, and is also putting the finishing touches to £1m contract offer – reports The Sun.
Jonathan, 17, and Charlotte, 16, had been hot favourites to win Britain’s Got Talent, since earning a standing ovation for their audition performance.
But at the grand final last night, the Ilford youngsters suffered a shock defeat to Pudsey the pooch – who scooped the £500,000 prize with owner Ashleigh.
A source told the paper: “Simon knows they (Jonathon and Charlotte) will sell a huge number of records. They could even go on to beat Susan Boyle - and she’s sold millions.”
“This time last year he was faced with the not particularly exciting prospect of having to sell Jai McDowall records. He was in a funk. But this year his excitement levels are off the scale.
“He’s watched as Jonathan and Charlotte have taken the country by storm. He knows that opera is a big seller, especially if people like the person singing it.”