May 18 2013 Latest news:
Friday, March 30, 2012
Louis Walsh is to return to The X Factor after thrashing out a deal with show bosses.
The programme veteran will come back for his ninth series when the ITV1 hit is screened again later this year.
Walsh, 59, is understood to be still waiting to put pen to paper but he has finalised terms for continuing with the talent show.
His return was not unexpected with programme boss Simon Cowell predicting last week that the 2011 X Factor panel would carry on.
He said: “I think they want to come back. I think actually all of them will come back.”
Walsh was joined by Tulisa Contostavlos, Gary Barlow and Kelly Rowland last year.
An X Factor insider said of Walsh: “A deal has been agreed.”