June 20 2013 Latest news:
Thursday, January 17, 2013
Simon Cowell has told fans he will not be returning to The X Factor in the UK because he is too busy with the American version.
The music mogul, who quit the ITV show in 2011, has told fans he won’t be judging the next series as he can’t split his time fairly between contestants in Britain and America.
When asked by a fan at the ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ auditions in Cardiff yesterday - where he angered supporters by arriving late - if he would be returning, Simon said no.
A source said: “Simon shook his head. People weren’t happy.”
Last year’s judging line-up, Gary Barlow, Louis Walsh, Nicole Scherzinger and Tulisa, was criticised for not having enough chemistry and rumours were rife Simon was going to return to mix things up.
However, while he is unable to come back, Simon still plans to change the panel, with Tulisa being axed in favour of original judge Sharon Osbourne.
It was recently revealed Richard Holloway, executive producer of the ITV talent show, was desperate to get Simon back as he knows improvements are needed, following last year’s disappointing viewing figures.
He said: “There is not one element we will not be looking at carefully - from judges and start times to auditions and glitzy productions.
“I’d love him to come back. He’s the best judge in the world, never say never! If we can find a way to reintroduce him, we will. But it is impossible for him to be in two places.”