April 23 2014 Latest news:
Thursday, December 27, 2012
Simon Cowell is reportedly looking to hire Kate Moss for the next series of The X Factor.
The 53-year-old music mogul apparently wants the Croydon-born model, 38, to style the contestants and keep them looking fashionable throughout the show.
A source told the Daily Mirror newspaper: “Simon is looking at ways of refreshing the show and one idea he will bring to the table is getting Kate Moss on board.
“He knows how important the styling of the contestants is and having a supermodel and a world-famous name on board would certainly raise the bar.
“Kate could give the contestants advice and ideas on how they want to look and also how to look after themselves and still look great in the years ahead.”
Simon plans to meet the show’s executive producer Richard Holloway in the New Year after returning from a holiday in the Caribbean to talk about the next series.
A spokesman for Simon added that “no firm plans had been made” about Kate being involved but any changes will be announced after January’s meetings.
It was previously reported that judges Tulisa Contostavlos, 24, and Gary Barlow, 41, face being axed from the panel after ratings dropped during this year’s series and Gary has already shared his intentions to leave the show - stating that he may be too busy to take part.
He said: “I don’t know if there is room in my diary for ‘X Factor’ next year, if I am honest.”