May 24 2013 Latest news:
Tom Moore, reporter
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Many people are struggling to get through to January pay day, with bank balances still feeling the strain after Christmas, writes Tom Moore.
One money-making idea is to let out spare rooms. There are a lot of students or workers in London who would prefer living closer to work so if you live near a university then consider letting out a room.
A scheme more and more Londoners are doing to make extra money is letting out driveways for football supporters on match days.
Living near Premier League grounds could bring in between an average of 15 to 25 per game depending on which ground you live near, according to Parkatmyhouse.
Why not make some late New Year resolutions to save some extra cash?
One way to combine saving money with the popular resolution of getting fit is to walk or cycle to work.
This can save you money in two ways your cost of travel is lowered and you dont need to pay gym membership.
1. Sell unwanted presents on eBay.
2. Check to see if buying single products are cheaper than a multipack.
3. Dont go food shopping on an empty stomach.
4. Check to see if you are getting the best interest rates on your savings account.
5. Keep a track of your bank account and budget accordingly.
6. Use a local library to get books you want to read.