May 20 2013 Latest news:
Sunday, July 29, 2012
Here are five tips to help you make the most of the school summer holidays, saving some money on days out with the kids:
1. If you're travelling by train with children, a Family & Friends Railcard is an essential purchase, allowing you to save a third on adult fares and 60 per cent on kids' prices. Go to familyandfriends-railcard.co.uk
2. A London Pass is a costly investment, but it can prove its worth with free entry to more than 50 attractions. It also allows you to skip the lines at various places. Find out more at www.londonpass.com
3. Just for showing mainline rail tickets and filling in your details you can get two-for-one entry deals at many attractions. Pick up a leaflet from your nearest station or go to daysoutguide.co.uk
4. If you're looking to keep the cost down, London has a wealth of free attractions to enjoy, including top museums and galleries.
5. Download the fantastic free MyCityWay London24 app for iPhone or Android. It contains a load of ideas for things to do, plus it can point stressed-out parents in the direction of the nearest coffee house - or bar! See www.london24.com/app