December 8 2013 Latest news:
Sunday, August 25, 2013
A convicted murderer who absconded from prison for the second time almost two months ago could be in north London, say police
Paul Flint, who was jailed for murder and burglary in 1990, walked out of Ford Prison in West Sussex, on July 1, just over a year after escaping from another low-security jail.
The 48-year-old is believed to have committed at least three burglaries in Brighton and Hove since he disappeared from the open prison last month, a Sussex Police spokeswoman said.
But the search has now been widened to the London area where Flint is believed to have connections, she said.
Detectives in West Sussex have been working with the Metropolitan Police to track him down.
Detective Inspector Dave Richards, from Sussex Police, said: “There is recent information that suggests Flint may be in north London.
“We think he is likely to commit more crime unless he is arrested so I would urge anyone that sees him to contact us immediately.
“Please do not approach him, just dial 999.”
Flint is black, 5ft 11in and stocky, with black greying hair, wears glasses and has an English accent.
He was jailed for murder and burglary in 1990 but failed to return to Hollesley Bay prison, Suffolk, on June 2 last year after being released on temporary licence.
He was arrested five days later in the Bedminster area of Bristol by police using a Taser.