Friend of man stabbed to death in Dollis Hill left devastated by the loss of his ‘rock’

14:41 21 May 2012

Luke Fitzpatrick was stabbed to death in Dollis Hill (Pic: Facebook)

Luke Fitzpatrick was stabbed to death in Dollis Hill (Pic: Facebook)

Archant

Luke Fitzpatrick died after he was attacked by armed mob of up to 20 men

One of the best friends of a man stabbed to death in Dollis Hill has spoken about the loss of his ‘rock’.

Luke Fitzpatrick died after a gang of up to 20 men attacked him on Saturday night around 11.30pm.

The 25-year-old and his friends had been drinking in the Ox and Gate pub in Oxgate Lane, when the armed mob stormed the building and Mr Fitzpatrick is believed to have been dragged out and chased.

He was stabbed in Crest Road at the junction of Alder Grove and died at the scene.

His 56-year-old father Bernie was also knifed when he tried to protect his son.

He is in a serious but stable condition in hospital.

Ricci, was with Mr Fitzpatrick in the pub where they had watched the Champions League final, he told the Times his death has left everyone devastated.

He said: “We have lost our rock.

“Luke was the man who pulled us all together and there is not a bad word anyone would say about him.

“This has shaken our world.”

Detectives investigating the killing believe a row erupted in the pub after the match between Chelsea and Bayner Munich which spilled out on the street.

However, it is also being speculated that the killing is the result of an argument between two drinkers and a group of men which took place at a cash point machine across the road from the pub during half time.

After the match a mob turned up at the pub brandishing weapons including a butcher’s knife.

Making an appeal for information, Ricci said: “Someone out there knows who killed Luke.

“They should come forward or live with the guilt.

“I hope Luke gets justice.”

DCI Tim Duffield, who is heading the murder hunt, said: “We urgently need to hear from anyone who was in or near the Ox and Gate pub around 11.30pm that evening.

“The pub was still very busy at that time, and we are confident that several people will have seen elements of what happened - we urge them to come forward and contact the incident room.”

Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8358 0400 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Two 17-year-old boys and a 31-year-old man have been arrested in connection with the double stabbing.

The man has been bailed to return to a police station next month.

The two teenagers are still in custody.

Related articles

Sign up for our news alerts today!

Our editors' picks for the day's top news delivered to your inbox or phone.

Sign up for email alerts Sign up for mobile alerts
1
2 3 4 5 6
7

Latest Crime news

Friday, April 24, 2015
Police want to talk to this woman about the incident

Police have released an image of a woman they want to speak to after a Muslim woman wearing a head scarf was racially abused on a Piccadilly line train.

Friday, April 24, 2015
Peter Mussett sexually assaulted a 12-year-old girl on the DLR

A 32-year-old man carried out an ‘incredibly frightening’ sexual assault on a 12-year-old girl travelling alone on the DLR.

Friday, April 24, 2015
Police have released a CCTV image of a cyclist believed to have knocked a woman to the ground.

CCTV images of a cyclist accused of forcefully knocking a woman over in Bermondsey before speeding off have been released by police.

Thursday, April 23, 2015
Ambrose Ball has been missing since January 24

Police have recovered a body from the River Lea and believe it may be that of Ambrose Ball, who went missing in January after crashing his car.

Wednesday, April 22, 2015
Scotland Yard would like to speak to this man in connection with the attack [Photo by Metropolitan Police]

A 13-year-old girl was sexually attacked on a Bromley-bound bus, police have revealed.

Wednesday, April 22, 2015
The man was attacked until he got off the train at King's Cross station (Photo by Oli Scarff/Getty Images)

A Victoria Line passenger was subjected to a vile racist tirade after asking a man not to spit on the Underground.

What is this?

Near You Now

Don't Miss...

We have censored part of this image

Keith Fraser, the UKIP prospective parliamentary candidate for Hackney North and Stoke Newington has apologised after retweeting an Islamophobic cartoon which looks similar to Charlie Hebdo’s depictions of the Prophet yesterday morning.