Seven more arrests in connection with Luke Fitzpatrick killing in Dollis Hill

12:10 30 May 2012

Luke Fitzpatrick was stabbed to death in Dollis Hill (Pic: Facebook)

Luke Fitzpatrick was stabbed to death in Dollis Hill (Pic: Facebook)

Archant

All are being questioned over double stabbing on May 19

Detectives investigating the killing of a man in Dollis Hill have arrested a further seven people this morning.

Luke Fitzpatrick, 25, died after he was stabbed in Crest Road at the corner of Alder Grove, on May 19.

His 56-year-old father Bernie was also stabbed during the attack but survived.

Both men had been watching the Champions League at the Ox and Gate pub in Oxgate Lane, Dollis Hill, shortly before they were attacked.

All seven are currently being questioned.

A 16-year-old boy is due to appear at Brent Youth Today charged with Mr Fitzpatrick’s murder, the attempted murder of his father, Grievous Bodily Harm and violent disorder.

The youth, who is from Mill Hill and cannot be named for legal reasons, was charged last Friday and made his first appearance before Brent Magistrates’ Court the next day.

Detectives are still appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to come forward.

DCI Tim Duffield, who is heading the investigation, said: “We urgently need to hear from anyone who was in or near the Ox and Gate pub around 11.30pm that evening.

“The pub was still very busy at that time, and we are confident that several people will have seen elements of what happened - we urge them to come forward and contact the incident room.

“If they wish to remain anonymous they may call Crimestoppers.”

Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8358 0400 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Police have arrested a further five people in connection with the double stabbing.

A 16-year-old boy, and two man age 31 and 23, have been bailed until late June.

Two 17-year-old teenagers have been bailed until the end of the month.

Related articles

Sign up for our news alerts today!

Our editors' picks for the day's top news delivered to your inbox or phone.

Sign up for email alerts Sign up for mobile alerts
1
2 3 4 5 6
7

Latest Crime news

Friday, February 12, 2016
Undated handout file photo issued by the Crown Prosecution Service of Tarik Hassane, one of the men accused of plotting to use a moped in a series of Islamic State-inspired drive-by shootings in London, who has dramatically changed his plea. PRESS ASSOCIATION Photo. Issue date: Friday February 12, 2016. The first defendant, Tarik Hassane, 22, admitted conspiracy to murder and preparation of terrorist acts as the defence was about to start in the Old Bailey trial. See PA story COURTS Terror. Photo credit should read: Crown Prosecution Service/PA Wire

NOTE TO EDITORS: This handout photo may only be used in for editorial reporting purposes for the contemporaneous illustration of events, things or the people in the image or facts mentioned in the caption. Reuse of the picture may require further permission from the copyright holder.

A 22-year-old accused of planning to use a moped in a series of Islamic State-inspired drive-by shootings in London has dramatically changed his plea at the Old Bailey today.

Friday, February 12, 2016
Simpson-Kent was captured in Ghana after fleeing the UK following the death of his partner Sian Blake and their two children (Photo: Metropolitan Police/PA Wire)

Sian Blake’s partner has been charged with the murders of the ex-EastEnders actress and their two children, police have said.

Friday, February 12, 2016
Police are keen to identify this man (Photo: Metropolitan Police)

Police are asking south London women to be vigilant if travelling alone and on foot in the early hours, after three women were attacked within four miles of each other.

Thursday, February 11, 2016
Police are investigating attempted child abductions

A man has been charged after reports that a number of schoolchildren were approached by someone impersonating a police officer in Hornsey.

Thursday, February 11, 2016
Police would like to speak with this man (Picture: Metropolitan Police)

A 27-year-old man was punched in the face and pummelled as he lay on the ground in a sustained and unprovoked attack at a Bloomsbury bus stop.

Thursday, February 11, 2016
The two men police want to identify

A horrifying attack in Shoreditch has left a man with a fractured skull after he was beaten with wooden stakes.

What is this?

Near You Now

Don't Miss...

Competitions

Champagne experience

This Valentine’s Day, the Coca-Cola London Eye is the perfect destination for lovebirds, offering a range of romantic experiences from Friday 12th February - Sunday 14th February 2016.

Read more
Sony Smart Ultra HD 55'' LED TV

Enjoy the ultimate entertainment experience in your living room with the Sony Smart Ultra 55’’ LED TV. Be the envy of all your friends with this huge TV- you can change your living room into your own cinema! Get the boys around to watch the football or get the girls around to watch the DVD of 50 Shades.. this is a prize that everyone would enjoy! Stand a chance to upgrade your current entertainment system by wining this fantastic prize.

Read more

Latest Tech News

Transport