Teenage muggers who killed Neasden chef in Fulham locked up for six years each

17:07 23 April 2012

Krzysztof Rusek was stabbed to death on his 30th birthday

Krzysztof Rusek was stabbed to death on his 30th birthday

Archant

All four admitted manslaughter partway through a murder trial at the Old Bailey

A gang of teenage muggers who stabbed a hotel chef to death for just £12 as he celebrated his 30th birthday have been locked up for six years each today (Monday).

Krzysztof Rusek from Neasden, was knifed through the heart after the four hooded attackers demanded cash from him and his friends in a Fulham park on June 7 last year.

The Old Bailey heard the Polish national died in hospital while his friend was saved by chance when a blade hit bank cards in his wallet

Ruairi Bicknell and Akeem Salako, both 18, along Ben Wiles and Stefan Morgan, who are 17 and can be named for the first time today, then fled the scene in different directions before changing their clothes following the attack.

All four denied taking part in the killing, but admitted manslaughter partway through a murder retrial last month.

Simon Denison QC, prosecuting, had told the court: “One of Mr Rusek’s group handed over all the cash that he had - a little over £12 in coins.

“We don’t know what Krzysztof Rusek tried to resist or if he did nothing.

“He is no longer alive to tell us what happened, and the others didn’t see it.”

All four were each given indefinite sentences for public protection and ordered to serve at least six years behind bars.

They must convince a parole board they no longer pose a risk before they can be released.

Judge John Milford QC, told them their sentences had to reflect the public’s ‘abhorrence of the carrying of knives’.

He added: “Anyone who takes part in an enterprise of this sort, involving a preparedness if necessary to deliberately stab victims of robbery, and then flees the scene, not showing a shred of remorse for the victims, must be considered dangerous.”

Related articles

Sign up for our news alerts today!

Our editors' picks for the day's top news delivered to your inbox or phone.

Sign up for email alerts Sign up for mobile alerts
1
2 3 4 5 6
7

Latest Crime news

Tuesday, March 31, 2015
Chun Man Ho has now been convicted of six different sex offences [Photograph from British Transport Police]

An Edgware man has been jailed after he molested a 15-year-old boy on a crowded District Line train.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015
British Transport Police would like to speak to woman pictured (Pic: Youtube/Channel Mix)

A woman has been secretly filmed hurling abuse at fellow commuters on the district line.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015
The Homocide and Major Crime Command unit are investigating

A murder investigation has been launched after a woman’s body was found in a flat in Romily Court off Landridge Road.

Monday, March 30, 2015
The hunt is on to find the three knifemen

A cyclist was the victim of a horrific unprovoked attack when he was stabbed five times by a trio of thugs - but still managed to get back on his bike and keep riding.

Monday, March 30, 2015
British Transport Police would like to speak to this woman pictured in the station on CCTV (Pic: British Transport Police)

Police are appealing for information after a deaf homeless woman was physically assaulted at Wanstead tube station over the weekend.

Monday, March 30, 2015
Black cab David Perry, 'abused position of trust' when preying on sleeping  passengers

Police fears pervert may have preyed on more victims during 25-year cabbie career

What is this?

Near You Now

Don't Miss...