Teenage muggers who killed Neasden chef in Fulham locked up for six years each

17:07 23 April 2012

Krzysztof Rusek was stabbed to death on his 30th birthday

Krzysztof Rusek was stabbed to death on his 30th birthday

Archant

All four admitted manslaughter partway through a murder trial at the Old Bailey

A gang of teenage muggers who stabbed a hotel chef to death for just £12 as he celebrated his 30th birthday have been locked up for six years each today (Monday).

Krzysztof Rusek from Neasden, was knifed through the heart after the four hooded attackers demanded cash from him and his friends in a Fulham park on June 7 last year.

The Old Bailey heard the Polish national died in hospital while his friend was saved by chance when a blade hit bank cards in his wallet

Ruairi Bicknell and Akeem Salako, both 18, along Ben Wiles and Stefan Morgan, who are 17 and can be named for the first time today, then fled the scene in different directions before changing their clothes following the attack.

All four denied taking part in the killing, but admitted manslaughter partway through a murder retrial last month.

Simon Denison QC, prosecuting, had told the court: “One of Mr Rusek’s group handed over all the cash that he had - a little over £12 in coins.

“We don’t know what Krzysztof Rusek tried to resist or if he did nothing.

“He is no longer alive to tell us what happened, and the others didn’t see it.”

All four were each given indefinite sentences for public protection and ordered to serve at least six years behind bars.

They must convince a parole board they no longer pose a risk before they can be released.

Judge John Milford QC, told them their sentences had to reflect the public’s ‘abhorrence of the carrying of knives’.

He added: “Anyone who takes part in an enterprise of this sort, involving a preparedness if necessary to deliberately stab victims of robbery, and then flees the scene, not showing a shred of remorse for the victims, must be considered dangerous.”

Related articles

Sign up for our news alerts today!

Our editors' picks for the day's top news delivered to your inbox or phone.

Sign up for email alerts Sign up for mobile alerts
1
2 3 4 5 6
7

Latest Crime news

Friday, May 1, 2015
Benson Igbokwe. Pic: Met Police

A man has been jailed after he held a gun at point-blank range at a manager of a Knightsbridge boutique store in an attempted kidnap.

Friday, May 1, 2015
Gulam Chowdhury has been sentenced to life in jail

The man who killed his love rival by stabbing him 20 times with a large kitchen knife has been sentenced to life behind bars.

Friday, May 1, 2015
Police have released an image of a man who allegedly exposed himself to a teenager in a Burger King restaurant.

Police have released an image of a man who allegedly exposed himself to a 16-year-old girl in a Burger King restaurant in west London.

Friday, May 1, 2015
Nur Nordin owned some of the most extreme child pornography police had ever seen - and a life-siized mannequin of a little boy [Photograph from Metropolitan Police]

An international student at Imperial College London has been jailed for possessing “some of the most extreme images that have ever been seen” by child sex abuse officers.

Thursday, April 30, 2015
Police would like to speak to these men in connection with the attack [Photo by British Transport Police]

CCTV pictures of four men believed to have violently attacked a 30-year-old man with bits of wood at Forest Gate station have been released.

Thursday, April 30, 2015
Police believe the gun may have been owned by a gang member [Photo by Metropolitan Police]

An Uzi sub-machine gun has been found by police in a cemetery off Mitcham Road in Croydon, Scotland Yard said.

What is this?

Near You Now

Don't Miss...

Competitions

Pop on the most stylish eyewear around from Specsavers.

London eyecare specialists Specsavers are offering London24 readers the chance to win a £150 voucher to spend on stylish eyewear in the city.

Read more
A swastika daubed on a poster promoting Simon Marcus.

Conservatives in Hampstead and Kilburn are calling in the police over anti-Semitic graffiti found daubed on posters promoting parliamentary candidate Simon Marcus in Queen’s Park.