Facebook appeal to snare killer of Negus McClean 1 year on from Edmonton knife murder

07:43 10 April 2012

Negus McClean

Negus McClean

Archant

Police investigating the knife murder of London teenager Negus McClean have taken to Facebook to catch his killers.

An online plea for witnesses and information has been posted on the Metropolitan Police’s Facebook page.

The killers of 15-year-old McClean remain on the loss, one year after he died in Westminster Road, Edmonton. Family say he died selflessly trying to protect his younger brother from assailants.

Sixteen arrests have been made in connection with the slaying as enquiries continue.

Wannabe rapper McClean died of stab wounds to the chest and thigh at Royal London hospital, after officers found lying in the street.

A reward of £20,000 has been offered for information has been offered.

It is believed around seven young black men on bicycles chased Negus prior to the murder. One of the suspects is believed to have been wearing a dark-coloured, possibly black, hooded jumper with a large “Franklin & Marshall” logo on the front.

Negus’s mother, Ingrid, spoke of her pain at the death of her son.

“Negus died 16 days before his 16th birthday. He had his whole life ahead of him, there were so many things he wanted to do, He had so many plans and he will never do them now,” she told BBC Crimewatch.

“He was always my baby. He was my Negus and that’s what I called him. He was just my perfect baby and he’s very missed.”

Detective Inspector Julian Tree, who is leading the investigation, said: “It has been a year since Negus was murdered.

“If you have any information that you didn’t feel you could tell us previously, or if you have provided information but want to talk to us again for any reason, please get in touch - it’s not too late. No matter how insignificant it may seem, please don’t hold it back - contact the incident room on 020 8345 3775.

Sign up for our news alerts today!

Our editors' picks for the day's top news delivered to your inbox or phone.

Sign up for email alerts Sign up for mobile alerts
1
2 3 4 5 6
7

Latest London news

Friday, March 27, 2015
The app has rapidly become both widespread and controversial [Photo by Sergi Alexander/Getty Images for SOBEWFF]

The fate of the popular car-booking app hangs in the balance as TfL asks the High Court to decide if it is operating illegally in the capital.

Friday, March 27, 2015
The news means at least nine girls travelled to, or wanted to travel to, Syria after attending the coeducational academy [Image from Google StreetView]

The High Court has banned five teenage girls from travelling abroad after they expressed an interest in going to Syria – just weeks after three of their schoolmates left to join the Islamic State.

Friday, March 27, 2015
Mr Packman went missing from the Dennis Scott Unit of Edgware Community Hospital in 2012 [Photograph from Metropolitan Police]

A young man who was receiving treatment at a mental health unit in Enfield has absconded, and police have warned the public not to approach Joshua Packman if they see him.

Friday, March 27, 2015
The roof of the double deck bus was torn off by the impact of the collision (Pic: Twitter/David Marsh)

Eleven children were injured when the roof of the double decker bus they were travelling in was ripped off after crashing into a bridge, ambulance services have confirmed.

Friday, March 27, 2015
McDonagh has been jailed for four years [Photograph from Metropolitan Police]

A conman has been jailed for locking a 90-year-old man in his basement in order to burgle his Fulham home.

What is this?

Near You Now

Don't Miss...