‘Mortal combat’ London riots buster Tim Larkin banned by Theresa May from UK

16:58 15 May 2012

Tim Larkin who wanted to embark on a "riot tour" through Hackney to teach bare fist techniques on how to kill or maim.

Tim Larkin who wanted to embark on a "riot tour" through Hackney to teach bare fist techniques on how to kill or maim.


An American close combat expert who planned to bring his lethal bare-knuckle self-defence classes to Hackney in a “riot tour,” has been banned from entering the UK.

Home Secretary Theresa May refused to allow Tim Larkin into the country amid fears his ‘kill or be killed’ philosophy could encourage vigilante violence.

Larkin already brought his brutal form of self defence - which teaches people in two days how to kill without weapons - to Hackney three years ago.

But last summer the brawny ex-marine pinpointed “gang culture” as the cause of the August riots, and wanted to teach people living in “Broken Britain” how to “reclaim their inner city streets.”

“I watched on TV those hordes of thugs and gangsters terrifying local residents and shopkeepers under the guise of a political protest,” said Larkin, who maintains the only way to counter violence is with stronger violence.

“I want to speak to the victims and spread the message that this need never happen again in the UK, if people stop taking the soft option and start to fight back with no holds barred.”

In October religious leaders and politicians questioned how Larkin could ensure the methods do not fall into the wrong hands, and said he was not welcome in the borough.

Last week when the 47-year old tried to board a flight in Las Vegas, he was handed a letter from the UK Border Agency saying he had been excluded from Britain.

He was told his presence in the UK was now not ‘conducive to the public good’.

A Home Office spokesman confirmed Larkin was subject to an exclusion order.

“The Home Secretary will seek to exclude an individual if she considers that his or her presence in the UK is not conducive to the public good,” he said.

Sign up for our news alerts today!

Our editors' picks for the day's top news delivered to your inbox or phone.

Sign up for email alerts Sign up for mobile alerts
2 3 4 5 6

Latest London news

Wednesday, November 25, 2015
Holloway Prison. Picture: Rebecca Naden/PA

Holloway Prison is to close, Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne said this afternoon.

What is this?

Near You Now

Don't Miss...


Tesco - Every little helps

Would you like to have the opportunity to win a huge £2,500 to spend at Tesco? Well with this amazing prize you can do exactly that! MyOffers are giving you the chance to get your hands on £2,500 to spend on anything you desire may it be free weekly groceries for the foreseeable future, a new TV, home decoration or even a new sofa!

Read more
You could get your hands on the new Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge!

Here’s your chance to win one of the most feature-packed smartphones on the planet, from tech giants Samsung, The Samsung S6 Edge!

Read more

Latest Tech News