May 19 2013 Latest news:
Monday, June 25, 2012
If you've ever looked around at some of the tower blocks in London and thought how ugly they are, you're probably not alone.
The Carbuncle Cup, awarded annually by Building Design magazine, celebrates the ugliest building completed in the UK in the prior 12 months.
The following 10 buildings have also been nominated as the ugliest in the country.
1. Bezier Apartments, Old Street
2. Blue Fin Building, Bankside
3. Broadgate Tower, Bishopsgate
4. City Hall / More London, South Bank
5. Nido Student Housing, Pentonville Road
6. Serpentine Pavilion, Hyde Park
7. St George Wharf, Lambeth
8, Strata, Elephant & Castle - winner of 2010 award
9. University College Hospital, Bloomsbury
10. Westfield Shopping Centre, Shepherds Bush
This list is featured in The Top 10 of London, a book by Alexander Ash, published by Hamlyn, £10 www.octopusbooks.co.uk
Do you live in or near any of the buildings above? Do you think they are actually ugly? What buildings do you think are the ugliest in London? Name and shame in the comments box below.