May 23 2013 Latest news:
by Amanda Nunn
Friday, July 6, 2012
A man has been taken to hospital following fumes being emitted from chemicals used in a school’s swimming pool.
The ambulance service were called just after 9am this morning to Ilford County High School, in Freemantle Road.
The man was checked over before being taken to King George Hospital, Barley Lane, Goodmayes.
Police were reportedly at the scene.
Five fire engines were called to the scene this morning along with two special fire units and a larger fire vehicle used for meetings.
The two fire engines sent from Ilford fire station, in High Road, Ilford have now left the scene, but it is not clear if other crews remain there.
• Did you see what happened at the school this morning? Contact the newsdesk on 020 8477 3000 or tweet us @ilfordrecorder.