Video: Britain’s Got Talent probed over Beatrix Von Bourbon burlesque dance strip

12:17 24 April 2012

Beatrix Von Bourbon during the auditions for ITV

Beatrix Von Bourbon during the auditions for ITV's Britain's Got Talent programme

A raunchy routine on Britain’s Got Talent by tattooed burlesque dancer Beatrix Von Bourbon have prompted an investigation after a string of complaints from viewers.

The London performer was seen on the ITV show peeling off her scarlet suit until she was just wearing stockings, knickers, a corset and nipple tassels before the watershed.

After setting pulses racing, and impressing Simon Cowell, Beatrix was voted through to the next stage of the competition.

Ofcom is to probe the show over its broadcast of the saucy strip.

There were complaints from 70 viewers over concerns that it was unsuitable for a family audience.

A spokesman for Ofcom confirmed it would be looking into whether the programme had fallen foul of the broadcasting code. The code says that children should be “protected by appropriate scheduling from material that is unsuitable for them”.

The routine featured in an edition of the programme which was originally screened at 8.20pm on March 31, but it was given an early afternoon repeat the following day at 1.05pm.

It was broadcast twice more on ITV2 before the watershed.

Von Bourbon, a dancer and fetish model who performs in lingerie and feathers with saucy routines in clubs, won the approval of each of the judges. Producers censored the footage on the show by obscuring her chest with small gold stars.

ITV has previously defended the edition of the show, calling it “suitably inexplicit”.

It said: “BGT celebrates variety and showcases a wide range of different acts.

“Mindful of our family audience, Beatrix’s stylised burlesque performance was carefully edited to ensure it was suitably inexplicit.”

Related articles

Sign up for our news alerts today!

Our editors' picks for the day's top news delivered to your inbox or phone.

Sign up for email alerts Sign up for mobile alerts
1
2 3 4 5 6
7

Latest London news

Tuesday, April 21, 2015
The Central Line is suspended between White City and Marble Arch [Photo by Dan Kitwood/Getty Images]

The Central Line is closed between White City and Marble Arch after a train came off the rails at Holland Park in the early hours of this morning.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015
The protest is taking place opposite the home of the Prime Minister [Photo by Dan Kitwood/Getty Images]

This afternoon, 100 people will go on hunger strike on Downing Street to commemorate the Armenian genocide.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015
Google street view of Brixton village.

More than 5,000 people are expected to meet in the centre of Brixton this Saturday at a protest dubbed ‘Reclaim Brixton’ to campaign against gentrification.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015
Mark Edwards was jailed over lying about a drink drive collision.

A father and daughter have been sent to prison after they attempted to cover up what happened on the night of a drive drive collision.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015
Fire on Praed Street in Paddington

Firefighters are battling a fire in Paddington that broke out in a takeaway shop this morning.

What is this?

Near You Now

Don't Miss...