Video: Britain’s Got Talent probed over Beatrix Von Bourbon burlesque dance strip

12:17 24 April 2012

Beatrix Von Bourbon during the auditions for ITV

Beatrix Von Bourbon during the auditions for ITV's Britain's Got Talent programme

A raunchy routine on Britain’s Got Talent by tattooed burlesque dancer Beatrix Von Bourbon have prompted an investigation after a string of complaints from viewers.

The London performer was seen on the ITV show peeling off her scarlet suit until she was just wearing stockings, knickers, a corset and nipple tassels before the watershed.

After setting pulses racing, and impressing Simon Cowell, Beatrix was voted through to the next stage of the competition.

Ofcom is to probe the show over its broadcast of the saucy strip.

There were complaints from 70 viewers over concerns that it was unsuitable for a family audience.

A spokesman for Ofcom confirmed it would be looking into whether the programme had fallen foul of the broadcasting code. The code says that children should be “protected by appropriate scheduling from material that is unsuitable for them”.

The routine featured in an edition of the programme which was originally screened at 8.20pm on March 31, but it was given an early afternoon repeat the following day at 1.05pm.

It was broadcast twice more on ITV2 before the watershed.

Von Bourbon, a dancer and fetish model who performs in lingerie and feathers with saucy routines in clubs, won the approval of each of the judges. Producers censored the footage on the show by obscuring her chest with small gold stars.

ITV has previously defended the edition of the show, calling it “suitably inexplicit”.

It said: “BGT celebrates variety and showcases a wide range of different acts.

“Mindful of our family audience, Beatrix’s stylised burlesque performance was carefully edited to ensure it was suitably inexplicit.”

Related articles

Sign up for our news alerts today!

Our editors' picks for the day's top news delivered to your inbox or phone.

Sign up for email alerts Sign up for mobile alerts
1
2 3 4 5 6
7

Latest London news

Tuesday, March 31, 2015
It is vital that 10-year-old Malikhi is found as soon as possible [Photograph from Metropolitan Police]

Police officers are “extremely concerned” as a 10-year-old boy with a serious health condition has gone missing in Croydon.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015
Artist Marvin Gaye Chetwynd sits in her creation (Pic: Create/Emil Charlaff)

If you missed the pop-up ball pit for adults, don’t worry - there’s a permanent soft play area open at the Abbey Leisure Centre that hopes to prove art can be child’s play.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015
Chun Man Ho has now been convicted of six different sex offences [Photograph from British Transport Police]

An Edgware man has been jailed after he molested a 15-year-old boy on a crowded District Line train.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015
British Transport Police would like to speak to woman pictured (Pic: Youtube/Channel Mix)

A woman has been secretly filmed hurling abuse at fellow commuters on the district line.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015
The Homocide and Major Crime Command unit are investigating

A murder investigation has been launched after a woman’s body was found in a flat in Romily Court off Landridge Road.

What is this?

Near You Now

Don't Miss...