Video: Britain’s Got Talent probed over Beatrix Von Bourbon burlesque dance strip

12:17 24 April 2012

Beatrix Von Bourbon during the auditions for ITV

Beatrix Von Bourbon during the auditions for ITV's Britain's Got Talent programme

A raunchy routine on Britain’s Got Talent by tattooed burlesque dancer Beatrix Von Bourbon have prompted an investigation after a string of complaints from viewers.

The London performer was seen on the ITV show peeling off her scarlet suit until she was just wearing stockings, knickers, a corset and nipple tassels before the watershed.

After setting pulses racing, and impressing Simon Cowell, Beatrix was voted through to the next stage of the competition.

Ofcom is to probe the show over its broadcast of the saucy strip.

There were complaints from 70 viewers over concerns that it was unsuitable for a family audience.

A spokesman for Ofcom confirmed it would be looking into whether the programme had fallen foul of the broadcasting code. The code says that children should be “protected by appropriate scheduling from material that is unsuitable for them”.

The routine featured in an edition of the programme which was originally screened at 8.20pm on March 31, but it was given an early afternoon repeat the following day at 1.05pm.

It was broadcast twice more on ITV2 before the watershed.

Von Bourbon, a dancer and fetish model who performs in lingerie and feathers with saucy routines in clubs, won the approval of each of the judges. Producers censored the footage on the show by obscuring her chest with small gold stars.

ITV has previously defended the edition of the show, calling it “suitably inexplicit”.

It said: “BGT celebrates variety and showcases a wide range of different acts.

“Mindful of our family audience, Beatrix’s stylised burlesque performance was carefully edited to ensure it was suitably inexplicit.”

Related articles

Sign up for our news alerts today!

Our editors' picks for the day's top news delivered to your inbox or phone.

Sign up for email alerts Sign up for mobile alerts
1
2 3 4 5 6
7

Latest London news

Tuesday, May 26, 2015
[CDC/Janice Haney Carr]

Abellio Greater Anglia is to spend £30 million on its trains after customers sent in photos of flea bites.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015
[Photograph by Tristan Newkey-Burden]

A vulnerable 16-year-old girl who went missing with a 51-year-old man has been found after more than a week.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015
Southeastern trains are unable to travel from London Victoria to Lewisham at present [Photo by Dan Kitwood/Getty Images]

Southeastern services cannot run between London Victoria and Lewisham this evening due to signalling problems.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015
[Photograph from the Met Police]

Two men forged Transport for London (TfL) private hire licences to illegally operate as minicab drivers.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015
(Picture:: PA)

A man was caught touching himself while standing close to women at London Bridge Underground station.

What is this?

Near You Now

Don't Miss...

Competitions

You could take in stunning views of London over brunch at the Sky Garden

Celebrate lighter, brighter days with the chance of winning an indulgent brunch for two with a bottle of bubbles at Darwin, the cool and casual brasserie 36 floors up at Sky Garden.

Read more