Video: Britain’s Got Talent probed over Beatrix Von Bourbon burlesque dance strip

12:17 24 April 2012

Beatrix Von Bourbon during the auditions for ITV

Beatrix Von Bourbon during the auditions for ITV's Britain's Got Talent programme

A raunchy routine on Britain’s Got Talent by tattooed burlesque dancer Beatrix Von Bourbon have prompted an investigation after a string of complaints from viewers.

The London performer was seen on the ITV show peeling off her scarlet suit until she was just wearing stockings, knickers, a corset and nipple tassels before the watershed.

After setting pulses racing, and impressing Simon Cowell, Beatrix was voted through to the next stage of the competition.

Ofcom is to probe the show over its broadcast of the saucy strip.

There were complaints from 70 viewers over concerns that it was unsuitable for a family audience.

A spokesman for Ofcom confirmed it would be looking into whether the programme had fallen foul of the broadcasting code. The code says that children should be “protected by appropriate scheduling from material that is unsuitable for them”.

The routine featured in an edition of the programme which was originally screened at 8.20pm on March 31, but it was given an early afternoon repeat the following day at 1.05pm.

It was broadcast twice more on ITV2 before the watershed.

Von Bourbon, a dancer and fetish model who performs in lingerie and feathers with saucy routines in clubs, won the approval of each of the judges. Producers censored the footage on the show by obscuring her chest with small gold stars.

ITV has previously defended the edition of the show, calling it “suitably inexplicit”.

It said: “BGT celebrates variety and showcases a wide range of different acts.

“Mindful of our family audience, Beatrix’s stylised burlesque performance was carefully edited to ensure it was suitably inexplicit.”

Related articles

Sign up for our news alerts today!

Our editors' picks for the day's top news delivered to your inbox or phone.

Sign up for email alerts Sign up for mobile alerts
1
2 3 4 5 6
7

Latest London news

Friday, March 27, 2015
The roof of the double deck bus was torn off by the impact of the collision (Pic: Twitter/David Marsh)

Eleven children were injured when the roof of the double decker bus they were travelling in was ripped off after crashing into a bridge, ambulance services have confirmed.

Friday, March 27, 2015
McDonagh has been jailed for four years [Photograph from Metropolitan Police]

A conman has been jailed for locking a 90-year-old man in his basement in order to burgle his Fulham home.

Friday, March 27, 2015
Instagram user @avecsans took this picture of one of the satirical signs

Don’t worry - these signs going up in Islington and other parts of the city aren’t real, just cheeky spoofs.

Friday, March 27, 2015
The royal couple met Baroness Lawrence before looking round the centre (Pic: Getty Images)

Prince William and his wife Kate have visited the Stephen Lawrence Centre as one of their last public appearances before the Duchess gives birth to their second child.

Friday, March 27, 2015
Do you know this man? [Photograph from British Transport Police]

Police are hunting a thug who attacked a 17-year-old boy with half a brick on a train journey from Crystal Palace to East Dulwich - then snatched a man’s phone in West Norwood station.

What is this?

Near You Now

Don't Miss...