May 22 2013 Latest news:
Friday, January 25, 2013
Transfer news: Wilfried Zaha says he is “delighted” to have agreed a deal with Manchester United but insists he will remain fully focused on helping Crystal Palace achieve promotion to the Premier League before his departure in July.
The protracted transfer saga finally came to an end this morning when both clubs confirmed the deal.
The talented 20-year-old had been a target for a number of top Premier League sides but Palace were insistent that he remained at Selhurst Park for the remainder of the season.
Zaha told Palace’s official website www.cpfc.co.uk: “I am delighted to be joining Manchester United and ending the recent speculation.
“I would like to thank the owners at Palace for making the move possible, however my focus for the next five months will be solely at Crystal Palace.
“I have been at Palace for more than 10 years, I will always love the club and I want to help get them get back to the Premier League, particularly for the fans who have always been so good to me.”
Palace co-chairman Steve Parish said: “I feel this is a great deal for the club and the player. We would like to thank Wilf for all he has done for the club and we all wish him well when he joins Manchester United in the summer.
“It was essential to Wilf and ourselves that he stayed at Palace for the remainder of this season to help the club with its main aim of promotion to the Premier League.”