Brentford confirm trio’s departure

14:54 08 May 2012

Uwe Rosler

Uwe Rosler

Archant

Karleigh Osborne, Sam Wood and Marcus Bean will all leave Griffin Park

Brentford have confirmed that Karleigh Osborne, Sam Wood and Marcus Bean will leave the club.

Osborne rejected a new contract earlier in the season and the club had looked to cash in on the defender in January but a proposed move to Reading broke down after the 24-year-old failed a medical.

Wood was loaned out to Rotherham in the second half of the season and the left winger only made five league appearances under manager Uwe Rosler.

Bean had made 122 league starts for the Bees in a four year spell but the manager has decided that the midfielder is not part of his plans.

“We have not offered Marcus and Sam new contracts,” Rosler said.

“We offered Karleigh something earlier in the season and he turned us down.

“There is no hard feelings from me and I wish all three all the best.

“I would like to thank them on behalf of Brentford Football Club for their service.

“All three have been committed to the Club over a number of years and now they can explore new opportunities.

“They have been good professionals and represented the Club very well over the years.

“They will always be welcome at Griffin Park and I wish them and their families all the best.”

Talks are ongoing about Shaleum Logan’s future after the full back failed to play enough games to trigger a contract extension.

Loan players Adam Forshaw [Everton], Clinton Morrison [Sheffield Wednesday], Niall McGinn [Celtic], Adam Thompson [Watford], Jake Bidwell [Everton] and Harlee Dean [Southampton] have all returned to their respective clubs.

Gary Alexander, who signed on loan for Crawley Town in March, will also formally leave the Club this summer, while Craig Woodman has been transfer listed.

Related articles

Live Blog Transfer Window Live July 25

 

Latest Stories

15:01
The Back to the Future preview of Secret Cinema has been cancelled

Secret Cinema have cancelled their Back to the Future event for the third night running.

Read more
Planned engineering works could affect your journey this weekend.

There is a relatively minor programme of planned closures on the Tube and Overground network this weekend - but they could still affect your journey. Read on for the lowdown.

Read more
The woman told officers she was raped after a man approached her from behind in Charnwood Road in Uxbridge this morning (Picture: Google StreetView)

A woman was raped by as she walked along a quiet residential street in Uxbridge in the early hours of this morning, say police.

Read more