Chelsea Champions League final ratings against Bayern Munich
22:47 19 May 2012
London24 marks out of 10 for the Blues
Cech-6- Was well protected by a disciplined back four made excellent save in first half. Saved Robben’s poor penalty in extra-time to keep the score at 1-1.
Cole-8- Typically solid and Chelsea’s best player on the night. Made a great block in second half after an hour to deny Robben, covered his centre backs well and kept the Dutchman and Frank Ribery quiet.
Bosingwa-5- The Portuguese struggled with the trickery of Robben and Ribery, who swapped wings to take on the full back.. Allowed too many crosses into the box, although in his defence was given little help by Kalou.
Luiz-7- Back from injury and although looked laboured when running, was solid on both the ground and in the air. Was rarely troubled by Bayern.
Cahill-8- Again impressed on return from injury. Was turned once by Mario Gomez in the first half but that aside was solid. Broke out of defence on a few occasions to launch counter attacks. Put plenty of blocks in to deny the opposition.
Bertrand-7- Worked hard to help Ashley Cole on the left and didn’t look out of place in what was a nerveless Champions League debut. Testament to his performance that Cole was never exposed, although he offered little going forward. Replaced by Florent Malouda after 72 minutes.
Lampard-7- Worked hard in front of back four and was effective on rare bursts forward. Broke up play well and often the source of the all to rare Chelsea attacks.
Mikel-5- Provided decent barrier in front of the back four, but did little to help out wide. Passing was typically unspectacular and epitomised his performance.
Mata-5- With the way Chelsea were set up it was always going to be difficult for Mata to make a real impact. Couldn’t get into the game and failed to create any chances.
Drogba-7- At times was left isolated, but held the ball up well and as expected caused the Bayern back four problems. Defended from set pieces well and scored a cracking late leveller to take the game into extra-time. Stupid tackle in extra-time on Ribery to concede penalty, which was saved by Robben.
Kalou-4- Gave little if any help to a struggling Bosingwa and failed to make the most of opportunities when going forward. Failed to close down Kroos for the cross which led to Bayern’s opener.
Substitutes: Malouda for Bertrand 74- Couldn’t make an impact going forward, but offered Cole decent protection.
Torres for Kalou 84- Played out of position far right. Kept possession well and threatened on the break.
- All the very latest Chelsea news, features and opinion here
- Chelsea transfer news: All the latest news and rumours from Stamford Bridge
- Chelsea to travel to Japan in December
- Chelsea’s Champions League triumph means heartache for Spurs
- Striker Drogba the hero as winning penalty seals Champions League for Chelsea
- Cahill: This is why I joined Chelsea, to win trophies
- Terry: I was a bag of nerves watching the final
- Chelsea hero hails team spirit after they lift the Champions League trophy
- Chelsea will face Atletico Madrid in the Uefa Super Cup
- Lampard: Champions League victory “means everything”
- Penalty hero Cech savours Champions League triumph
- Cole: Champions League win justifies decision to leave Arsenal for Chelsea
- Di Matteo refuses to give indication on his future after Champions League triumph
- Chelsea to host victory parade today - London24 wants your pictures
- Torres: That’s for you Chelsea fans
- Chelsea chief: Blues will appoint boss before pre-season tour of USA
- Mata: It’s a dream come true
- Neuer: Bayern Munich had one hand on the cup
- Chelsea supremo: Champions League win vindicates AVB sacking
- Former Chelsea boss: Di Matteo proved just how bad AVB was
- Heynckes: Bayern Munich only have themselves to blame after Chelsea loss
- Robben: Drogba and Platini’s condolences mean nothing
- Muller: Bayern Munich were better than Chelsea
- Sports Minister Hugh Robertson congratulates Chelsea after Champions League triumph
- Chelsea legend: Give Roberto Di Matteo the full time manager’s job