Chelsea forward: Liverpool’s forgotten man wants to leave and bring me with him
08:52 25 April 2012
Salomon Kalou has revealed that Dirk Kuyt wants to return to Feyenoord and told the Blues frontman to come with him
Chelsea forward Salomon Kalou has revealed that Liverpool counterpart Dirk Kuyt is wanting to return to Feyenoord.
The Reds frontman has also told the Ivory Coast international that he, too, should return to the Eredivisie.
“For me Feyenoord is No. 1,” he said on Dutch television show Nieuwsuur. “I want to stay another few years here. After that Feyenoord is an option.
“Dirk told me he wants to return now.
“Dirk said to me that I also must come, that we both have to return to Feyenoord.”
The 26-year-old Chelsea man has enjoyed a new lease of life under Roberto Di Matteo, making 13 of his 23 Blues appearances this season under the Italian.
However, Kalou is also a free agent at the end of the season and has been linked with a move away from Stamford Bridge.
- Match Report: Barcelona 2 Chelsea 2
- John Terry admits he deserved his red card
- Chelsea have four players suspended for the Champions League final
- Petr Cech hails Ramires’ goal after Chelsea knocked out Barcelona
- Ashley Cole on the key to beating Barcelona
- Branislav Ivanovic reflects on being banned for the Champions League final
- Roberto Di Matteo gives his thoughts on John Terry’s red card against Barcelona
- Frank Lampard gives his thoughts on reaching the Champions League final
- Didier Drogba gives his views on knocking out Barcelona
- Click here for all the latest Chelsea transfer news
- Follow our Chelsea coverage on twitter for all the latest news from Stamford Bridge
- All the very latest Chelsea news, features and opinion here.