Chelsea star could return to training next week
21:03 05 May 2012
Gary Cahill is recovering from a hamstring injury
Chelsea star Gary Cahill is hopeful of making his return to training this week.
The Blues defender suffered a hamstring injury in the Champions League semi final last month and was forced to miss out on the west London club’s FA Cup final clash against Liverpool
“I hope [to be fit for the Champions League final],” he told ITV.
“I had a scan yesterday and things have improved and I hope to get a training session in for the rest of the week.”
- Click here for all the latest Chelsea transfer news
- Follow our Chelsea coverage on twitter for all the latest news from Stamford Bridge
- All the very latest Chelsea news, features and opinion here.
- David Luiz confident about returning for the Champions League final
- Didier Drogba’s love affair with the FA Cup continues
- Ashley Cole hails goalscoring team-mate
- Andy Carroll is convinced the ball crossed the line in the last 10 minutes
- Petr Cech is convinced that Andy Carroll’s header did not cross the line
- Didier Drogba can’t explain his love affair with Wembley
- Roberto Di Matteo shies away from the limelight
- Kenny Dalglish humble after FA Cup final defeat