Chelsea star has sly dig at Manchester City
14:45 06 May 2012
John Terry has no regrets about staying at the Blues
Chelsea captain John Terry had a subtle dig at Manchester City after lifting the FA Cup for the fourth time in six years.
The Citizens tried to sign the Blues defender three years ago but the former England captain rebuffed the advances and Terry insists he has no regrets.
“[Winning the FA Cup four times as captain is an] incredible achievement, and my loyalty to Chelsea has now paid dividends, as always,” he said.
“I’m very privileged to be at a club like Chelsea, and to have the armband as well for many years, and to lift these great trophies that I dreamed of as a boy.”
- Kenny Dalglish humble after FA Cup final defeat
- Roberto Di Matteo shies away from the limelight
- Didier Drogba can’t explain his love affair with Wembley
- Petr Cech is convinced that Andy Carroll’s header did not cross the line
- Andy Carroll is convinced the ball crossed the line in the last 10 minutes
- Ashley Cole hails goalscoring team-mate
- Didier Drogba’s love affair with the FA Cup continues
- Gary Cahill discusses his recovery from a hamstring injury
- David Luiz confident about returning for the Champions League final
- Click here for all the latest Chelsea transfer news
- Follow our Chelsea coverage on twitter for all the latest news from Stamford Bridge
- All the very latest Chelsea news, features and opinion here.