Liverpool star convinced the ball crossed the line against Chelsea
20:45 05 May 2012
Andy Carroll thought he had equalised late on against the Blues
Liverpool striker Andy Carroll was convinced that his 81st minute header had gone over the line as his side lost 2-1 to Chelsea.
The Reds frontman had scored to make it 2-1 after Ramires and Didier Drogba gave the Blues a 2-0 lead and had the officials ruled that the ball had crossed the line then the scores would have been level.
“I thought it was over the line,” he told ITV. “You saw it better than me.
“I thought it hit the underside of the bar. I think I was unlucky. It just wasn’t to be.
“I tried hard. We came here to win but we were unlucky.
“I thought the ball had crossed the line. I did the best I could when I cam on.”
- Click here for all the latest Chelsea transfer news
- Follow our Chelsea coverage on twitter for all the latest news from Stamford Bridge
- All the very latest Chelsea news, features and opinion here.
- Gary Cahill discusses his recovery from a hamstring injury
- David Luiz confident about returning for the Champions League final
- Didier Drogba’s love affair with the FA Cup continues
- Ashley Cole hails goalscoring team-mate
- Petr Cech is convinced that Andy Carroll’s header did not cross the line
- Didier Drogba can’t explain his love affair with Wembley
- Roberto Di Matteo shies away from the limelight
- Kenny Dalglish humble after FA Cup final defeat