Man Utd, Tottenham and Newcastle target ‘flattered’ by interest

07:38 13 November 2012

Thomas Ince, Blackpool. Photo: Barrington Coombs/EMPICS Sport

Thomas Ince, Blackpool. Photo: Barrington Coombs/EMPICS Sport

EMPICS Sport

Blackpool’s Tom Ince says he is pleased to have Premier League clubs chasing him – but the former Liverpool trainee insists he is focused on his current club.

The 20-year-old, son of former England captain Paul Ince, has risen to prominence since leaving Anfield to join the Seasiders in 2011.

He is expected to win his fifth cap for England’s Under-21s this evening against Northern Ireland and he insists his head has not been turned by speculation linking him with the likes of Manchester United, Spurs and Newcastle.

“I wouldn’t be where I am today if it wasn’t for Blackpool,” Ince said.

“I’ve been given the opportunity to play week in, week out at a very high level in the Championship.

“It is flattering to have all that interest. It’s great - it shows you are playing good football and are in good form.

“But at the moment my focus is on playing for Blackpool.”

Related articles

Live Blog Transfer Window Live - July 29

 

Latest Stories

Fusilier Lee Rigbywas killed whilst off duty near Woolwich Barracks by Michael Adebowale and Michael Adebolajo in May 2013  (Photo by Peter Macdiarmid/Getty Images)

The father of Drummer Lee Rigby, the soldier who was brutally murdered in Woolwich last year, has said it is ‘disgusting’ that his son’s killers received £200,000 from the state to pay for their legal costs.

Read more
10:48
Mayor Lutfur Rahman faces a full inquiry into May's election in Tower Hamlets (Picture: Tower Hamlets Council)

A full inquiry into the controversial Tower Hamlets election which saw Lutfur Rahman crowned will go ahead after the Mayor’s legal challenge was thrown out.

Read more
Ilford Jaloos 2014

A UKIP councillor has been accused of “scaring people with made-up information” after he branded an Islamic procession in Ilford “a call to war”.

Read more