Spurs striker target drops summer transfer hint

08:05 16 June 2014

Mexico

Mexico's Javier Hernandez (centre) looks on from the bench (Photo by Julian Finney/Getty Images)

2014 Getty Images

Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez has indicated that he will look to leave Old Trafford this summer in search of first team football.

The 26-year-old, who has been linked with Tottenham, has struggled for game-time at United since the signing of Robin van Persie two years ago, and he dropped to the bench for Mexico’s World Cup opener against Cameroon.

Hernandez says he is sick of warming the bench for club and country and insists he has no desire to play the role of “super-sub” any longer.

He said: “I’ve never seen myself as a sub and I don’t like being one, and believe me, I am tired of a lot of people seeing me that way, as a ‘super-sub’.

“I’m a player that has made a difference as a starter.”

Related articles

Live Blog Transfer Window Live - July 29

 

Latest Stories

Fusilier Lee Rigbywas killed whilst off duty near Woolwich Barracks by Michael Adebowale and Michael Adebolajo in May 2013  (Photo by Peter Macdiarmid/Getty Images)

The father of Drummer Lee Rigby, the soldier who was brutally murdered in Woolwich last year, has said it is ‘disgusting’ that his son’s killers received £200,000 from the state to pay for their legal costs.

Read more
10:48
Mayor Lutfur Rahman faces a full inquiry into May's election in Tower Hamlets (Picture: Tower Hamlets Council)

A full inquiry into the controversial Tower Hamlets election which saw Lutfur Rahman crowned will go ahead after the Mayor’s legal challenge was thrown out.

Read more
Ilford Jaloos 2014

A UKIP councillor has been accused of “scaring people with made-up information” after he branded an Islamic procession in Ilford “a call to war”.

Read more