June 19 2013 Latest news:
Tuesday, August 14, 2012
Kevin Pietersen has not been selected for Surrey’s LV= County Championship Division One match against Middlesex despite the club asking whether he was available.
Pietersen was dropped by England for this week’s third Test after failing to reveal the contents of text messages allegedly sent to South African players during the drawn match at Headingley.
Subsequently, Surrey inquired as to whether the 32-year-old woul dbe available for their important clash against Middlesex, starting at the Oval tomorrow.
“After we heard the news earlier this week we asked the question (of whether Pietersen was available),” a Surrey spokesman told Press Association Sport.
Pietersen was not, however, included in Surrey’s 14-man squad this afternoon with a club spokesman unable to confirm why, or who had, declined their request on his availability.
The ECB had told Pietersen his selection to the England team was dependant on him confirming publicly that no derogatory texts about his team-mates had been sent to South African players, or if they had been sent, to apologise for them.
Pietersen has yet to respond to the ECB’s request.