May 24 2013 Latest news:
Nathaniel John, West Ham correspondent
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Transfer News: Rangers boss Ally McCoist has not received any bids from West Ham, QPR or Fulham for Nikica Jelavic
Rangers boss Ally McCoist has revealed that the club has not received any bid from West Ham for their striker Nikica Jelavic.
It was confirmed at the weekend by McCoist that there had been some initial contact from the Hammers about the availability of the Croatian frontman, with informal talks being held between West Ham chairman David Sullivan and his Ibrox counterpart Craig White.
However, McCoist was adamant that the Scottish club had not received a formal bid from the Upton Park outfit.
“We have absolutely not received any bids for Nikica or indeed any of our players at all. No offers have been put in from any clubs,” he said.
“That’s where we are at the moment. Sam Allardyce and I have spoken on the phone and had a conversation which will remain private.
“Craig has also spoken to Mr Sullivan and they have had a discussion too which Craig has told me about.
“But there has certainly not been an offer from West Ham for Nikica and everything we are reading is purely speculation. The same applies to everyone else in the squad.”
Meanwhile, Jelavic has revealed himself that he would be keen on a potential move to West Ham, despite the club playing outside of the Premier League at the moment.
“West Ham are a great club; they are not a second division club,” said the striker, who has scored 17 goals this season for Rangers.
“They are a famous Premier League club who happened to be relegated last season and will return to the Premier League next season.
“It would be nice to play there if the opportunity comes up and the club agrees.
“But I am also playing at a big club and it wouldn’t bother me in the least if I had to stay here.”