December 12 2013 Latest news:
Wednesday, September 12, 2012
Joao Moutinho has refused to comment on his failed transfer to Tottenham on deadline day, saying he is fully focused on current club Porto.
Spurs had a bid of upwards of £20million accepted by Porto for the Portugal midfielder hours before the close of the window but the deal fell through at the last minute.
Andre Villas-Boas’ side are rumoured to be interested in resurrecting the deal in January but Moutinho - who played 90 minutes in Portugal’s 3-0 victory over Azerbaijan last night - won’t be drawn on the matter.
“The window is closed and I won’t talk about speculation,” the 25-year-old is quoted as saying in O Jogo.
“I am concentrating on FC Porto,” he added.
The playmaker also said that he believes Porto can cope without striker Hulk, who joined Zenit St Petersburg for £32million last week after being linked with Spurs and Chelsea all summer.
“Hulk is a great player but Porto will continue to be strong,” he said.